Search This Blog

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Mareea's first doctor's appointment.

Yesterday we went to the doctor and things look great. Mareea is already up to 7 lbs. 15 oz., which is just 2 oz. under birth weight. Usually babies come back in at 2 weeks to check weight, but he said she didn't have to unless I was concerned about something. That was good to hear, because it's hard to get everyone out and I hate taking them into a doctor's office at this time of year! Thankfully, they have a special side door where new babies come in and go directly back to a room so they don't come into contact with any sick patients. The doctor was really nice, too...although with his views on vaccinations I'm afraid he won't see us for very long :( I didn't even ask him about them at this visit, because I didn't want to get stressed about it yet.
Yesterday I also took some cute pictures of Mareea for her birth announcement. I tried to get some with just a diaper, but she got mad! That girl does NOT like to be cold. hmm...reminds me of someone else she's related to :)
Nights are still hard. Last night we discovered she loves the pacifier and has a really strong suck for a newborn. I really hate binkys, but normally use them right in the beginning when I'm desperate to get some sleep at night or stretch the time between feedings. Sometimes it's not possible to cook dinner and feed a baby every 45 minutes you know?? This time I really hope to get her on some sort of schedule so that she won't be needing to eat when we need to pick Q up from school and that life will be a little more predictable. With 5 kids predictability is sort of nice.

No comments: