Search This Blog

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Getting ready for the packers.

Today has been kind of crazy.  Weeks ago I started preparing for the movers to come and pack us out.  I've been decluttering and organizing in hopes that unpacking on the other end will be easier.  Box after box has left the house to be donated and we've done less school than usual as I have been going through everything.  It has reminded me that when we get set up in HI I really need to make it a priority to go through each room on a regular basis to clean out trash, unused items and straiten up behind things.  It would have made things a lot easier this time! 

Right now we're considering mailing all the summer clothes (for when we get to Hawaii) to my parents house so that when we get there before moving we can switch out the suitcases...summer for winter clothes.  I don't want to have to take it all on the plane with us to Chicago.  There are just so many logistics to be worked out. 

Mostly I'm stressed about making sure the movers do not move things we will still need here for the next month.  It's hard to figure out how to separate things out.  I've started putting some things in a closet that will stay.  I guess I'll put a sign on that closet saying not to pack anything inside.  I'm wondering if we should pack suitcases for what we'll use here and put a sign on those, too?  I'd planned on just leaving things hung up in the closet for us to use and taking out things I wanted to be packed, but then the hangers won't get moved and we're going to have so many clothes here to get rid of before we move.  We have a lot of winter clothes!!  I'm still trying to decide if I should get rid of them or put them in permanent storage for when we get back to the mainland.  We would like to stay in HI for awhile, but who knows if that will happen! 

I'm off to pack and organize again! 

No comments: