Search This Blog

Friday, December 4, 2015

Today

This morning I managed to wake up about 6:10 instead of 6:30 and it allowed me to get 25 minutes on the elliptical instead of 15.  While I worked out I listened to a youtube video of Elizabeth George talking to a group of women.  It was cute, but I didn't feel like it was nearly as meat-y as her books.  I should really start reading them again. 
We decided to have eggs this morning since all the Cliff bars we ordered from amazon ran out.  I added some white rice leftover from last night to make them stretch and hopefully last longer with my always hungry children.  I think it worked.  I actually like rice in eggs a lot. 
After some clean up we headed out to the beach.  It was supposed to be Bonita and I but I invited Julie and Holly and it was really nice.  Lots of good converstation with 3 very nice ladies.  The kids played so nicely and I only had to correct Gideon once.  Ashton and Landon had their buddies Calem and Jonah there to play football and skimboard with.  I hardly noticed 2 hours had gone by and it was time to leave. 
Lunch turned out to be quite an ordeal.  We just don't have much for lunch and I never seem to have any ispiration!  I thought about sloppy joes or spinach salad with hardboiled eggs, but those would not work for various reasons.  We ended up breaking into the frozen pizza from COSTCO.  Not ideal, but it was that or go to McDonalds which would have been $40 easy and horrible for us. 
While we ate we watched Throwdown with Bobby Flay.  The beach exhasuts me from all the sun and it was nice to just sit.  He made biscuits and jam in one episode and chocolate chip cookies in another and I am very motivated to try and make both. 
We headed into a brief rest time and then onto cello.  Thea and Landon are both doing so well.  It's hard to believe they have only had about 10 lessons.  Landon started the Star Wars theme today so he's really excited.  Thea started another Christmas song and I love seeing her little self concentrating so hard while playing.  Mostly they love their teacher's little dog, Goliath, but they love their teacher and playing cello, too. 
Dinner should have been easy, black bean burgers from leftover black beans, yams and salad.  I remembered we had no hamburger buns and decided to bake those from scratch.  Then I remembered that the crock pot was in the fridge full of beans so I thought I'd just bake the yams in fry form.  Nothing that should have been too hard, but it was time consuming.  I'm looking forward to eating it all though.  Maybe the kids will like it too.  I wish all the time that I enjoyed cooking and it didn't exhaust me to cook dinner.  My legs just don't take standing up in that kitchen for an hour at 5pm well at all. 
Right now there is Dad and some kids playing at the soccer table and some outside in the alley.  Evangeline is tracing letters on the screen.  Time to get dinner on the table. 

No comments: