After a lot of frustrating in menu planning, I finally asked Dan if it would be OK if I made a weekly menu and just repeated it. He said that was perfectly fine and mentioned he wouldn't mind eating spaghetti every night! So I made a menu for a week and plan to repeat it until we move in about 2 months. This is nice because I can double the meal, freeze it and have it ready with no prep the next week. It also saves money. At first I was worried this meant I was a bad homemaker and not creative, but having a nice dinner on the table every night is more important than creativity/oops I didn't' make dinner or don't have the ingredients and we have to go out...again.
So here it is...
Sunday-Spaghetti
Monday-Chicken noodle soup
Tuesday-Porcupine meatballs
Wednesday-Fried Rice or Lo Mein (switch each week)
Thursday- Vegetable, beef barley soup/Mrs. Doughman's soup
Friday-Homemade pizza
Saturday-Roast
There you go. I make a veggie tray and salad each night and we have fresh fruit for dessert.
1 comment:
that "simplicity parenting" book actually suggests that having repetitive meals weekly is a good thing. routines. repeitition. things they can count on. things they can expect as a norm. kids like that. saturday is roast night. that's just what we do. i think its a great idea. i am thinking of making a 2 week meal plan and repeating it for the month and then switching up a few things the next month. the book suggested having each day of the week be a different staple and you can play with it like monday is pasta, tuesday is beef, wednesday is soup, thursday is rice, friday is pizza, saturday is grilled.
Post a Comment