Search This Blog

Monday, March 19, 2012

Best.Kids.EVER!

I had been feeling really down lately.  Lonely I guess.  It's hard to be alone so much and far away from our friends.  I felt like the children were always complaining and obeying really reluctantly and I felt like a failure.  We had hopes of meeting a lot of people here in our neighborhood, but we haven't met any.  Yesterday I broke down in front of the kids and cried and cried telling them how tired I was and how hard it was to tell them to do things over and over.  Not my finest moment.  Anyway, I dragged myself and the kids to church this morning.  We were a half hour late, but made it.  One of the really nice families there (with 7 children) invited us to have a picnic this evening at Ko Olina.  It was such a wonderful evening.  I was able to be outside, the kids played and I visited with Danielle.  Gift from God.  Truly. 
When we got home I put the girls to bed.  It was very quiet downstairs (quite unusual) and when I finally got downstairs I found this. 

 If you can't tell, it's a snack complete with chips, cereal, an apple and a tea.  But the note is my favorite. 
I was shocked and so, so happy.  I think I felt appreciated for the first time since Dan left. 

Yesterday when I was crying like a fool, I went outside in the yard for awhile and told God how empty and tired I felt.  And the word of this song came to mind. 

You are my strength when I am weak
You are the treasure that I seek
You are my all in all
Seeking You as a precious jewel
Lord, to give up I'd be a fool
You are my all in all
Taking my sin, my cross, my shame
Rising up again I bless Your name
You are my all in all
When I fall down You pick me up
When I am dry You fill my cup
You are my all in all
Jesus, Lamb of God
Worthy is Your name


And after this evening, I feel like my cup is filled again.  Praise God.  

1 comment:

Chris said...

Your friends are missing you too! Praying for patience and peace as the days are difficult. You are a great mom!