My favorite recipe this week was zucchini Parmesan. We found a wonderful farmer's market with lots of local (unsprayed) produce and we got a HUGE zucchini for $1. The farmer suggested making zucchini parm with it and I found this recipe and it was a huge hit...well, the girls weren't as excited, but I know the boys would have liked it.
Ingredients
Zucchini
1/8 cup olive oil
1 garlic clove
1 small onion
1 jar pasta sauce
1 cup shredded mozza. cheese (or more if you'd like)
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 325
2. slice zucchini and boil until tender (about 5 minutes)
3. meanwhile, heat the oil and saute the garlic and onions
4. Place zucchini slices in a 9x13 inch pan and cover with the olive oil mixture
5. Pour pasta sauce over the top
6. sprinkle the cheese over the top
7. Bake for about 20 minutes or until cheese is nice and melted
8. Enjoy!
When I make this again I will add some freshly sliced basil on top of the pasta sauce! Dan put some pepperonis on his and liked it that way, too. We called it "zucchini pizza".
Our favorite activity this week has been homemade water colors. I like these so much more than the store bought paints and they are a fraction of the price. It hardly took any time to make them and I love their bright colors. Here are my precious little girls enjoying their paints on some packing paper I saved from our recent move.
Thea's mountains
I used an old egg carton to hold the paints. I tried to make lots of different colors, but some just turned out the same. This is OK! The girls had plenty to choose from and didn't need to fight over colors.
Very busy




2 comments:
cool! would you mind sharing your watercolor recipe? looks like a lot of fun!
Hi stephanie, If you click on "homemade water colors" in the post it will take you to the address. If the link isn't working you can get it here http://www.icanteachmychild.com/2011/06/homemade-watercolors/
Post a Comment