After some thought and frustration I decided to take a 5 day "internet fast" last week. I had been feeling convicted to do this and just so frustrated with myself for how much time I was spending online. I have to say that it was quite refreshing to be off! I found time to do things I didn't think I had time for and even got the laundry clothes washed, folded and put away on the same day! The only con was that my heal was acting up much more than usual from me being on my feet so much more. Oh well! I'm back online now, but really trying to limit my time on here. I am trying to only be on about 1/2 hour a day and after the kids go to bed. Right now the big boys are all away for the week visiting Grandma so I'm "allowed" to be on a little more, but when they get back I'll go back to being offline during the day.
I made another HUGE change. I cut out all sugar, caffeine and white flour. Ack.ack.ack. I have issues with an overactive thyroid and was also having some strange heart sensations (still not exactly sure what they are) and decided to make some huge changes. After visiting the doctor and her thinking that this could all have to do with my hyperthyroid I am trying to do my best to control it with diet and supplements. So away went the sugar, flour and caffeine. This is really depressing for me! As I've blogged about before, I have such a sweet tooth. While I'm fairly sure I could have a little bit of sugar or flour, I just don't trust myself to. So it's been over a week since I had a soda...or a cookie...or a cracker, but I'm still alive. And NO strange heart sensations at all. One fun side effect is that I lost 5 pounds in a week. I'd better lose more...grrr....although I still can eat fresh fries and potato chips and I have to admit I have. So maybe the weight won't fly off as quickly as I'd thought when I started this all.
Gideon cut 2 teeth last night! Hooray! After a week or two of short naps, he's had two 2 hour naps today. He's crawling everywhere and Dan and my mom like to call him "search and destroy". I don't think it's that bad...i mean, he's not any worse than any of the other children were as babies!
As I said before, the boys are off at "Camp Grandmas". My house is so much more still and quiet than normal. And we're eating 1/2 as much! Ashton's called me 3 times today and I'm a little worried that he's homesick, but he seems happy to be there and excited about what's planned so I'm sure he'll get adjusted soon. He's been looking forward to this for so long. I miss them though...I was so sad yesterday. It made me realize how much I love them and how much I love being at home with them. No exercise class, shopping trips or me-time would ever be worth my giving up homeschooling them! I'm so thankful and blessed to be able to.
I'm off to download some pictures will hopefully post them soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment