Search This Blog

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Already looking ahead...

Well, we've been here a month and we're already looking ahead and talking a lot about our next move.  It's a big one and there's so much to worry think about before then.  Where will we stay when we get there?  Should we find a furnished rental to live in until the housing we actually want comes available?  Which housing do we want?  Can we afford to live in town?  How will we all fit in a hotel room?  Should we pack up our house and live in a furnished rental here so that our things will be in Hawaii when we get there?  It takes 45 days to ship our household goods that far.  Perhaps it would be better to be without our things on this end than that end.  I don't know! 
We have about 5 1/2 months until we move.  We want to downsize considerably and only take things that we need...beds, clothes, dishes and books.  I suppose we should bring the piano and table, too.  When to sell things is another things we're talking a lot about.  We're going to sell our TV that's as old as Quintin and the entertainment center, but we'll use it here, so do we get rid of it now or wait a few months?  I want to get moving on all this "getting rid of", but it's hard since we're still here and will need some things, like winter clothes, until the day we leave. 
I have to admit that as stressful as moving can be, I sure am excited to move back to Hawaii!

No comments: